February 7, 2012

Valentine's Day Nails 6

Hello,

This is my sixth post of the Valentine's Day series. I want to start this post by thanking Leslie of Polish Art Addiction. I have learned so much from her blog specially cartoon themed nail art. If you want to look  at more cartoon nail art then click on the link above.

For this, I uploaded a step by step tutorial for you. I did not get it right the first time I tried. Heard of a phrase "Practice makes you perfect" well I am no where near perfect but with practice I did improved a little.



Step1: Apply polish. I applied 2 coats of Zoya Sooki on my thumb, pinkie, and index finger. On my middle and ring finger I applied 2 coats of Wet N Wild White Cream.



Step 2: Make hearts on middle and ring finger using Black Acrylic paint.



Step 3: Cover the hearts with red acrylic paint leaving a little margin to show the black acrylic paint outlining (It's easier for me to draw even thin outline using this method. If you are comfortable drawing thin outline then you don't have to go through this).



Step 4: Make features and other detailing work using a black acrylic paint.



Step 5: Fill in the white acrylic paint to make the eyes and then black dots in them to finish the eyes. Make some puckered lips for lady heart and fill pink in her bow. On the remaining fingers I sponged red glitters using LA Colors striping polish. Apply top coat.







The products I used. You can also check the items used list at the bottom of the page.

Items used: 
Base Coat: Seche Clear
Polish: Zoya Sooki (2 coats) and Wet N Wild White Cream (2 coats)
Acrylic Colors: Ebony Black, Royal Fuchsia, Snow White, and Primary Red
Top Coat: Seche Vite
Others: L.A. Colors Red Glitter Striping Polish and  Brushes

I will appreciate any suggestions or comments.

Thanks for looking.
Simran


5 comments:

  1. These are great! That's exactly how I would paint something like this! It makes me so happy to know that I've helped someone else out. And I agree with you that it's easier to fill in and shape a skinny outline, rather than go over the top with a thin black line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Leslie for your feedback <3

      Delete
  2. Thanks again for the tutorial! It looks much simpler when it's broken down into steps like that :)

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome manicure!! I thought it was stickers at first, well done! :)

    ReplyDelete