Happy New Years! I know there are still 4 hours left at the West Coast but there are couple of readers from other countries which are already past midnight. I hope each and everyone of you have a beautiful and happy year ahead.
Now for New Years Nails, I came up with this design showing 2 full wine glasses :D and with the star I was trying to represent the New Years Ball. It is an easy design just follow the steps and remember its New Years so have fun with it.
1. Apply any black polish, I used 2 coats of Wet N Wild Black Cream.
2. Make 2 rectangles with the rounded bottom and tilted on side at the top. I used yellow acrylic paint but you can use yellow polish if you do not have acrylic paints. I use acrylic paints because they are easier to work with than the polish but the main reason is they are cheap and very forgiving. I used water based acrylic and if you make a mistake just wipe it off with water or alcohol without ruining your polish.
3. Using a small brush I outlined the yellow rectangles using a white acrylic paint. Then draw a straight line at the bottom of the rectangle to make the shape of wine glass. Using small dotting tool I made some orange and yellow dots using acrylic paints to show bubbles in my wine. Using the same brush I wrote 2012.
4. Using the same fine brush I wrote Cheers on the top and drew 3 dots with lines to show that the glasses are touching.
5. Apply 2mm yellow rhinestone in 0 in 2012 at bottom. Then used golden micro beads for the three dots and then glued a golden star at the side. Apply the top coat. And there you have it!
Polish: Wet N Wild Black Cream (2 coats)
Top Coat: Sally Hansen 'No Chip'
Others: Acrylic paint (Yellow, Orange, and White), Yellow 2mm Rhinestone, Golden Star, Dotter, and Golden micro beads.
I will appreciate any suggestions or comments.
Thanks for looking.