December 30, 2011

New Years Nails 1

Hello,

I am so excited it's New Years this weekend. I will try to upload a couple of New Years design in the next two days and have decided that I will try to upload tutorials for nail art (other than stamping of course!). For each tutorial, I will guide you through the various steps needed to attain the final look.

For the first tutorial, I was thinking about New Years and the first thing that popped in my mind was silver, festive, and sparkles. I know the lighting is horrible but trust me it looks so much elegant and better in person.







1. Apply 2 coats of Zoya Trixie. It is a beautiful foiled silver.



2. Apply Wet and Wild Black Cream and made a french tip and then on one side drag it to the bottom of the nail. For the dots, I used the bigger side of the dotter tool and made dots along the line. If you do not have the dotter tool then you can just use the polish brush. It does not have to be perfect.



3. Apply 1.5mm silver rhinestones on the black dots.



4. Use the silver striping tape to match the arch of Trixie polish.



5. Last, apply some silver micro beads on top of the silver striping tape.

Side view


 And Voila!


The products I used. You can also check the items used list at the bottom of the page.

Items Used

Items Used:
Base Coat: Seche Clear
Polish: Zoya Trixie (2 coats) and Wet N Wild Black Cream
Top Coat: Sally Hansen 'No Chip'
Others: 1.5mm Silver Rhinestones, Silver micro beads, Silver striping tape, and dotting tool.

I will appreciate any suggestions or comments.

Thanks for looking.
Simran

No comments:

Post a Comment